There will be certain information that the venue will request from you during the planning phase and before your event commences.
As a guide the following areas are some of those likely to be discussed:
- Who is the key contact for the event.
- Who will be the contact onsite during the event
- What is the events official name
- How will your program work (ie: the use of the spaces, foyers, etc)
- What is your anticipated attendance likely to be
- What are the operational hours of the event
- Agreement of room setup requirements including furniture and equipment
- Approval of floorplans
- Agreement of pack-in/pack-out schedules and loading dock times
- What are your catering requirements
- What are your technical requirements (including sound, AV, lighting, rigging and telecommunications)
- Agreement of any staffing required (including any ushers, security, technicians, admission requirements, etc)
- Agreement of any signage required for rooms and directional way-finding (including location of banners, wording for in-house screens, etc)
- Agreement of client deliveries/collections and storage requirments
- Will there be any special cleaning requirements or waste removal necessary
- Will there be any sub-contractors onsite – who are they, what are their responsibilities (including names, times of access required, etc)
In order to ensure that the Wellington Convention Centre can roster the appropriate staff to your event, early confirmation of this information is necessary. The venue will ask for this information to be confirmed at latest twenty days prior to the commencement of your event.